EXCERPT FROM The Series: Exploring Strategies for Spiritual Warfare (AS RECORDED on Top Of The Morning Radio Show)
Lesson Three: Hand to Hand Combat
Exploring spiritual strategies continued- Let me say this- The fight is Fixed. We are Victorious.
HAND TO HAND COMBAT
- The lesson Learning outcome: Understanding this strategy of hand to hand combat and spiritual warfare.
Wikipedia’s definition of hand to hand combat is- Hand-to-hand combat (sometimes abbreviated as HTH or H2H) is a lethal or nonlethal physical confrontation between two or more persons at very short range (grappling distance) that does not involve the use of firearms or other distance weapons.
- My Proposed definition of hand to hand combat in relation to spiritual warfare is this. An up close and very personal spiritual confrontation where the saint is introduced to a visible manifestation OF WARFARE that Satan brings to test your ability to use your spiritual hands. Your spiritual hands represents the power and strength God has given you…. for you to use forcefully in that circumstance. YOU MUST USE YOUR SPIRITUAL HANDS TO IMPOSE THE POWER AND WILL OF GOD IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE.
I Will give you an personal example but let me share this, let me talk about what spiritual hands mean.
The signification of hand, is power, Observe in the following 4 scripture passages that hand denotes power and or strength
1) Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: (Psalms 144:1 KJV
2) 2 Samuel 23:9 And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away: He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the Lord wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil. (2 Samuel 23:9-10 KJV) HERE HAND DENOTES STRENGTH, SKILL, AND POWER
3) Isaiah 25: 10– NIV-The hand of the Lord will rest on this mountain; but Moab will be trampled in their land as straw is trampled down in the manure. Hand here Denotes power AND STRENGTH
4. Concerning the work of My hands command ye Me; My hands have stretched out the heavens and all their army have I commanded (Isaiah 45:11, 12), HAND DENOTES POWER AND STRENGTH
Hand to hand combat is when the saint learns to use and impose the power of God in his or her hand
My example- a few years ago as I pressed in to fasting and prayer, the enemy presented this challenge – a mosquito infestation appeared out of nowhere in my bathroom only ( this was witchcraft-) It took me a day or two to discern this attack but once I discerned what was happening, I used the keys of the kingdom, and other weapons such as the blood of Jesus and the name of Jesus. After I prayed and rebuked the attack one evening, by the next morning, the mosquitoes were dead in my bathtub. The point here is that I didn’t have time to call for help or back up from other saints,…..this was my up close and personal introduction to warfare.
Five keys to remember from this lesson
1. The purpose of strategy or strategic planning is to have success.
2. We are not ignorant of SATAN’s devices, he uses many tricks, traps, snares and schemes
3. Use your keys- God has given us the keys use them- the keys of the kingdom of heaven: FOR whatsoever WE shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever WE shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
4. Once you have discerned the situation, The Holy Ghost will guide you in choosing the appropriate weapon and the amount of power to exert
5. Much like Davids mighty man From the passage ABOVE…, although your hand may be weary you will not drop your weapon until you have wrought a great victory
© DR. Fay Maureen Butler, 2013