THE EMPOWERMENT ZONE BLOG
When You Hear the Sound- You will See what he is saying!
Let me begin the lesson by using these 2 illustrations regarding hearing first , then seeing…
1. Sirens—most times we hear the siren, from an emergency vehicle first and then we see it…
2. Footsteps- you hear a person’s footsteps before you see them BUT WITH BOTH OF THESE ILLUSTRATIONS
THE EXPECTATION IS THAT YOU WILL SEE
The scriptures for the lesson
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Elijah and the abundance of rain-1 Kings 18:41-44
King James Version (KJV)
41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.42 So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,43 And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.44 And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man’s hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down that the rain stop thee not.
2 Kings 6:16-17- Elisha and his servant
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
When you Hear the sound, you will see what he is saying
The question for discussion and thought- which will be your own take away from this lesson is….
HOW DO WE HEAR SO THAT WE CAN SEE- I WILL MAKE 5 SUGGESTIONS, THIS IS NOT AN ALL INCLUSIVE LIST
- Available to God…Available on his terms and his way-not part time, but all of the time, someone coined the phrase, that there are many part time Christians who demand a full time God… YES LORD ALWAYS,.
- Prayerfully Positioned – praying always- Ephesians 6- 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; pray without ceasing, -1 Thessalonians 5:17….Elijah was in position- and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, In order to hear the sound, you have to be in position, , be in a position to receive, be in position to understand.
- Ask God to improve your ability to hear- that is to increase your revelation about spiritual things. When you hear what he is saying spiritually, you will see… in fact pray and Ask God to improve your ability to be a good steward to see and to hear…let him download his purpose and plan for you- pray Ephesians 1:16-19 all the time, Elisha Prayed that his servant would see3.
- Ask God for wisdom- to apply what you hear so that you will see what he is saying- James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
- Exhibit Patience and stedfastness- Elijah told his servant to go again until he saw….. Go again………I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Job 42:5 When you Hear the sound, you will see what he is Saying
© DR. Fay Maureen Butler, 2013, Huldahs House Ministries Inc, Word Press