Dr. Fay Maureen’s Eight Steps to Stir up the Gifts
Orienting Statement-There are Seasons’ of Stirring
Different Spiritual gifts may be at different stages of growth at the same time.
1. Submit to God completely. Repent daily and recognize that our righteousness is as filthy rags. Submit to Godly leadership and to those who have spiritual rule over you. Be consistent, be faithful.
2. Neglect not the Gift/(Impartation)– the seed is there-1st Timothy 4: 14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Impartation and activation of spiritual gifts can come by the laying on of hands. Romans 1:11- For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established. 2 Timothy 1:6-Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. Other scripture reference: Deuteronomy 34:9,2 Kings 2:9;Desire- 1st Corinthians 12: 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. 1st Corinthians 14: 1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy. Keep Godly Motives.
Pray These prayers:
Lord, thank you for an amazing array of GIFTS you have poured out upon your people. Thank you for giving gifts to me for the church according to your plan and timing. Please help me to recognize them. If I have ignored them, forgive me. If I have suppressed them, STIR UP THE GIFTS. Direct my thoughts toward the appropriate areas of service in the church. Help me to prioritize my tasks and manage my time so that the natural and spiritual gifts within can be nurtured to their fulfillment. Empower me to become everything you want me to become.( Part of prayer loosely adapted from Bugbee, 2005)
“Lord I desire to grow in my walk with you. I open my heart for more of you. Work in and through me. I desire to fulfill the call on my life. I ask for your anointing to run down on me now”(Welton). Psalm 133
3. Meditate- on Godly things, Be sober. Keep your thoughts and imagination under the blood. Think on good things-(Philippians 4: 8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Joshua 1: 8 ) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (1st Timothy 4:15)-Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
4. Service-If you spend time serving, praying, giving, helping, working and exhorting those around you, the likelihood is that you will walk into the area where God wants you to go in terms of your spiritual gifts. Whatsoever your hands find to do, do with ALL thy might. In serving God and serving the people of God, we must “hit” certain milestones.
5. Measure of Faith- Activate your faith, we all have a measure of Faith- Step out. Don’t be afraid of failure and understand the culture of your church. Remember, everyone goes through some kind of training process. There is always some kind of testing and a wilderness season. During this testing time, we become more intimate with him and our faith is being built. God has to refine our character and develop our skills for the future so that he can reposition or shift us.
6. Cultivate- Parable of the talents- grow, invest and multiply what God gives you. Be a good steward, (Matthew 25.) If God leads you, find a mentor or someone you can be under in addition to your local leadership. Ask questions. Fellowship, go to conferences and conventions as directed by leadership. When you go elsewhere, pay attention. Always remember that God is the source of your gift and he works as he will and that his thoughts and his ways are higher than ours.
7. Little by little-This concept is one way in which God will use us in various areas. He will increase us more and more and bring us into a wealthy place in the use of his gifts, in godliness, in righteousness, in anointing and in fruitful work. (Exodus 23: 29) I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee. 30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land. (Deuteronomy 7: 22) And the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee. (This concept is the same as the following: weight loss little by little, save money in a diversity of ways little by little, church growth in non traditional ways- little by little, accumulate wealth little by little or pay down debt little by little). Grow your gifts little by little.
8. Don’t limit God– Don’t put God in a box, there are diversities of gifts and diversity of administrations. There are levels of anointing and higher dimensions in God. i.e. Lets take the Gift of Discerning of Spirits- there is basic discerning and there is a higher level of discernment where your spiritual senses are in tune with your natural/physical senses.
This lesson is also available as an audio file at Amazon.com-link below
© Dr. Fay Maureen Butler, 2015, Huldahs House Ministries Inc, Word Press